Friday, September 25, 2009

Allow me to Introduce Myself



I am an internationally known author and publisher of strategy and motivational books, and have a lifetime of business negotiating experience. In addition, I maintain the title of “Hanshi,” the highest accomplishment in the martial arts with over 50 years of study and practice. And as a United States Air Force veteran, I faithfully served my country from 1957 – 1961.

Having lived on the Upper East Side for many years, I have seen our quality of life improve dramatically, and I have also seen things begin to regress again. In recent years many of the gains of the Giuliani years have been eroding, with crime on the rise, both individual and business taxes at an all-time high, and good paying jobs fleeing the city. The Second Avenue Subway project is out of control, the 91st Street Garbage Station is hurting our quality of life, and classrooms remain overcrowded in spite of massive increases in education spending.

In addition, our government appears to be out of control with no checks and balances, no transparency and no accountability. Political slush funds have become the status quo, wasteful pork-barrel spending the way business gets done and massive giveaways to the municipal labor unions the way to get ahead. All this MUST change if we are to preserve our future for generations to come.

This is why I am running for the City Council. I have no personal agenda and am not looking at this position as a stepping stone to higher office. What I have is a deep desire to take my lifetime of experience and put it to use serving the people of my community. We all know what needs to be done to keep New York the greatest city in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment